“Company”, “We”, “I”, “Our”, or “Us” means www.juliannesalcedo.com.
“Content” means any and all written, visual, video, or audio information contained on the Site, including, but not limited to, any and all emails received from Julianne Salcedo, Julianne Salcedo Nutrition or www.juliannesalcedo.com and any and all written or downloadable material purchased, viewed, or otherwise offered on www.juliannesalcedo.com such as blog posts, graphics, designs, documents, information, templates and materials.
“Personal Information” means information that can be used on its own or in conjunction with other information to identify, contact, or locate a person, or to identify an individual in context. For example, personal information includes, among other things, your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, site behavior, etc.
“Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products” means juliannesalcedo.com Content, email list, social media posts, blog posts, courses, coaching services, guides, eBooks, forms, worksheets, workbooks, website materials, and/or video trainings available on the Site.
“Site” means juliannesalcedo.com and any and all of the Company’s associated pages, tabs, landing pages, forms, or sub-pages.
“You” or “Your” means the user, customer, or viewer of the Site.
2. Company Statement:
The Site and its Content are owned by Julianne Salcedo.
3. What kind of Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information You Provide:
When using the Site, and in filling out forms, purchasing products, providing comments, or contacting us, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, website address, mailing address, birthday, payment or credit card information. We use this information to deliver the product purchased, or information requested, to improve the performance and applicability of the Site, and to provide you with educational content, newsletters, promotions, and special offers.
Personal Information Automatically Collected:
As a general policy, no personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, or e-mail address, is automatically collected from your visit to the Site. However, certain non-personal information is recorded by the standard operation of the Company’s internet servers. Information such as the type of browser being used, its operating system, and your IP address is gathered in order to enhance your online experience.
4. What if the Personal Information we have about you is incorrect or you want to update it?
If the Personal Information we have collected about you is incorrect or incomplete in any way, or you would like to update what we have, please contact Julianne at [email protected] We will make the appropriate corrections when notified, as long as the corrections requested to be made are not incorrect or fraudulent in any way.
5. When do we collect Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information from you when you purchase, order, or sign up on and for the Site, Courses, Services, and Products, download our freebies or resources, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form, browse the Site, view Content, make purchases, enter any of your Personal Information on the Site. If you're just viewing the Site, you won't be required to provide personal information to browse.
If you're outside of the EU: if you sign-up to receive any freebies, downloads, webinars, recordings, courses, or services from the Company, or purchase any products or services from us, you will automatically be added to our email list to receive free email messages from us. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking "UNSUBSCRIBE" at the bottom of each email. If you have any questions, or difficulty unsubscribing from those emails, email Julianne at [email protected] to be unsubscribed from future messages.
If you're IN the EU: if you sign-up to receive any freebies, downloads, webinars, recordings, courses, or services from the Company, or purchase any products or services from us, you will only be added to our email list to receive free email messages from us if you affirmatively consent to receiving such messages. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking "UNSUBSCRIBE" at the bottom of each email. If you have any questions, or difficulty unsubscribing from those emails, email Julianne at [email protected] to be unsubscribed from future messages.
Transfer of Information Across National Borders: Our site and various information we collect are operated on servers located in various jurisdictions, including the United States. When you access or use the Site and/or our services, personal information about you may be transferred outside the country in which you are situated to these other locations. The Company’s policies ensure that such personal information is protected to the same standard when processed by any Company entity or office around the world. We also ensure that appropriate contracts containing standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission to protect that information and the rights of individuals are in place with any and all third-party service providers we may use.
6. How do we use your Personal Information?
When using the Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products, we may use the Personal Information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication (typically by email), browse the Site, or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our Site in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better serve you in response to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other Site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions on and for the Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products.
- To send periodic emails regarding the Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products.
7. Do we share your Personal Information with anyone?
In general, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside (third) parties your Personal Information unless we provide users with advance notice or need to do so in order to comply with the law or an investigation.
The Company may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with the Company’s rights or property, other users of the Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
The Company may also be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. If you make your personal information available to third parties through our Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products, Julianne Salcedo is not responsible for any unauthorized use by that third party.
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
8. How do we protect your Personal Information?
We aim to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible. The Site uses commercially acceptable methods of security protection to protect your information. Our website host, Kajabi, regularly scans for security breaches and malware. We also use a SSL certificate and never transmit your credit card information by email.
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the Personal Information confidential. By viewing, using, or purchasing on or from the Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products, you acknowledge that Julianne Salcedo and its staff and independent contractors may access your Personal Information.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Bulletin Boards and Chat Areas: Guests of the Site are solely responsible for the content of messages they post on the Company’s forums, such as chat rooms and bulletin boards. Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, e-mail address, phone number) on the bulletin boards or in the chat areas, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other people. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features.
9. Do we use 'cookies' or social media pixels?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better Site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Kajabi uses the following cookies on the Site:
Kajabi session cookie
Tracks your active admin session so you don't need to re-login
Kajabi affiliate token
Tracks which affiliate has referred an offer purchase
Admin bar hidden
Tracks whether the user wishes their admin previewing bar to be hidden
Malware/Spyware/Viruses: Neither the Company nor the Site knowingly permit the use of malware, spyware, viruses, and/or other similar types of software.
Pixels. No. The Company does not use social media pixels (Facebook pixels) to track visitors to the Site.
10. Third-Party Links:
11. California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”):
Pursuant to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users cannot visit our site anonymously.
12. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”):
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13. Please STOP and do not use, view, purchase, or otherwise browse the Site, Courses, Services, or Products if you are under 13 years old. If you’re younger than 13, you are not permitted to enter any Personal Information on this Site. If the Company discovers that a child age 13 or younger has signed up on the Site or provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete that child’s identifiable information from our records.
Kajabi nonetheless encourages parents to go online with their kids. Here are a few tips to help make a child’s online experience safer:
- Teach kids never to give personal information, unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult. Includes name, address, phone, school, etc.
- Know the sites your kids are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for Website privacy policies. Know how your child’s information is treated.
- Check out the FTC’s site for more tips on protecting children's privacy online
If you are a parent and you believe your child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us immediately to have it removed by emailing us at [email protected]
13. Fair Information Practices:
Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to attempt to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and improper use. We also protect your personally identifiable information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. We continually review all such measures and update them when appropriate. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit via the internet. By transmitting any such information to Company, you accept that you do so at your own risk.
In order to comply with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 5 business days of any known breach.
14. CAN-SPAM Act of 2003:
The CAN-SPAM Act is a U.S. law which establishes rules for commercial email messages, gives you the right to stop certain commercial emails from being sent to you, and outlines certain penalties for commercial entities or persons who violate the law.
We collect your email address and name so we can:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders of a course, product, or service.
- Send you additional information related to your course, product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to you after the original transaction has occurred.
- Email you a newsletter with free information and advertising certain Products, Services, and/or Courses we offer.
In accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act, we agree to the following:
- We will not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- We will identify the email message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- We will include our business mailing address and/or physical address in our emails.
- We will monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance. We use Convertkit to send our emails to you.
- We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- We will allow users to unsubscribe by using the appropriate link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email Julianne at [email protected] or follow the instructions at the bottom of any email you receive from us and we will promptly remove you from future correspondence(s). However, unsubscribing from one list or set of emails may not unsubscribe you from receiving ALL future emails from us. If you experience any problems unsubscribing, please email Julianne at [email protected] and we will promptly handle your removal.
15. Your General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") Rights
If you are located within the European Union ("EU"), you are entitled to certain rights under the GDPR. You have the right to:
- Know how long we'll keep your information. We'll keep your personal information until the earlier of: (1) you either ask us to delete your information or (2) the Company decides it no longer needs the data and the cost of retaining it outweighs the value to keeping it.
- Access, rectify or erase your personal information.
- Withdraw your consent to the Company's processing of your data, which shall have no effect on the lawfulness of the processing of your personal information prior to your withdrawal.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over GDPR issues.
- Provide only your personal information which is reasonably required to enter into a contract with us. The Company will not ask for your consent to provide unnecessary personal information on the condition of entering into a contractual relationship with the Company.
16. Contacting Us:
Website: juliannesalcedo.com (see Contact page)
Email: [email protected]
Updated on July 20, 2022